We first visited Haiti in the summer of 2009 thanks to an invitation from the Neohumanist Foundation of Puerto Rico. Since that initial visit we fell in love with this beautiful Caribbean island and we have been committed to creating a HAPPY Haiti ever since.
On that first visit, we worked on creating a school garden and planted fruit trees that today serve as food for students and members of the Special Academic Institution Ananda Marga (AMSAI) in the community of Anse-a-Pitre. We also began a program of reforestation and community beautification, offered agricultural education workshops and delivered personal and educational supplies, clothing and toys to children of this community.
A few months later, a devastating earthquake took the lives of over 200,000 people, and left homeless more than 1.5 million. About two weeks after this tragic event, we arrived at Port-au-Prince and worked together with other organizations to provide our Haitian brothers and sisters a warm meal, water, safe shelter and health services.
The following are some of the achievements in Haiti so far:
• Planted dozens of fruit trees that serve as food for students, teachers and members of the community
• Created a school garden where vegetables seeds have been planted and harvested
• Created about 10 temporary jobs
• Achieved the beautification of AMSAI
• Delivered hundreds of school supplies, clothing and toys
• Donated agricultural and construction tools, and kitchen items
Helped facilitate health services and shelter
Provided food and water to thousands
The following are objectives for the coming years:
• Help improve public health centers
• Work on the development of micro-businesses
• Work on the construction of homes, community and educational centers
• Encourage the planting of trees / reforestation
• Offer agricultural / aquaculture, vocational and business development workshops
• Work on creating community gardens and fish farms
• Help with the provision of food and clothes for Ananda Marga Pre-School and Orphanage Ayitimoun Yo
• Provide materials and labor to expand and maintain the vegetable garden that provides food to the school’s children and staff
• Provide materials and labor to repair and seal the school’s roof
• Provide materials and labor to paint the school and enhance the school’s playground
• Provide hardware, materials and labor to develop a computer center for adults and children in the community
• Provide funds for a summer camp
• Provide school supplies and educational materials for pre-school and orphanage
• Provide sports and recreational equipment for pre-school and orphanage
• Help acquire environmentally friendly kitchen appliances
• Support the development of the Ayitimoun Yo shelter and orphanage
• Provide materials to improve the structure of the orphanage’s building
Many of us want to help and make a difference. Lets unite and work together towards a HAITI FELIZ.
At the moment we are only accepting monetary donations.
To donate by check, please send your check payable to Planeta Feliz to the following address:
P.O. BOX 260066
Miami, FL 33126
To donate by credit or debit card:
Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something.